Doctors who have specialized in treating infertility in both males and females are known as fertility experts. Any difficulties relating to fertility can be accurately diagnosed and effectively treated by them. They specialize in the study of fertility, the male and female reproductive systems, and the impact of hormones on these processes. Many individuals nowadays struggle with infertility.
The best IVF specialist doctor may use surgery, medication, or other treatments to address infertility. The different therapies offered by infertility experts include infertility treatments, hereditary illnesses that may harm future offspring, fertility preservation, and uterine issues.
When should you see an infertility specialist?
Planning for pregnancy can occasionally be difficult owing to infertility, which is defined as the inability to conceive. Infertility problems impact both men and women equally. Once an examination has been done, an infertility expert may assist in identifying any obvious causes of infertility and can offer the proper therapy. If you experience the following symptoms you should immediately visit the top IVF doctors in Delhi.
- A hormonal condition called PCOS makes it difficult for women to ovulate on schedule. An unregular ovulation pattern makes pregnancy challenging for the mother. In this situation, you should immediately speak with an infertility expert.
- You should see a doctor if you have frequent miscarriages and you are trying to conceive. Miscarriage occurs because the fertilised egg cannot develop normally. After all, the egg or sperm has the incorrect amount of chromosomes.
- If you have a tubal obstruction or pelvic inflammatory disease or if there are inherited or existing medical conditions, such as blood clotting abnormalities or early menopause. These can cause difficulty in pregnancy then you should consult a doctor.
- If you or your partner have a history of sexually transmitted infections that are communicated via sexual contact you need a doctor consultation. These can lead to infection and inflammation, which can complicate pregnancy.
- You may need to speak with an infertility specialist in Delhi if you are 35 years of age or older and have been attempting to get pregnant without using birth control.
Treatment procedures for infertility in men
The majority of couples who are attempting to conceive struggle with infertility. Male infertility can be brought on by oligospermia, genetic disorders, malformed sperm, and a few other illnesses. A thorough physical examination is the first step in the diagnosis to determine your general health and spot any medical issues that may influence your fertility. To conduct testing to determine the cause of infertility, choose the top IVF centre in Delhi NCR if your physical examination and family history don’t reveal any reasons why you are unable to conceive.
- For males with very little or no sperm in their semen, a testicular biopsy is performed. Whether a guy is producing healthy sperm can be determined by a testicular needle biopsy. There is probably a blockage someplace if there are much healthy sperm present in the testicle.
- Genetic tests can be used to pinpoint specific causes of infertility as well as issues that could hinder your spouse from becoming pregnant.
- Sperm generation is regulated by testosterone and many other hormones produced in the brain. Other hormonal or organ system abnormalities might potentially be a factor in infertility. A blood test evaluates the hormone levels, including testosterone, and aids in identifying the causes of infertility.
- Semen analysis aids in detecting any irregularities in the sperm’s motility and shape. The test will also examine your semen for indications of issues including infections. Infertility specialists in Delhi can advise you on the best course of action if the examination of your sperm reveals any abnormalities.
If the reason is a varicocele or a blockage in the sperm-transporting vas deferens tubes, surgery is advised. To treat infections of the reproductive organs, several antibiotics can be used. Treatment options for issues with erections or ejaculation include medications and counselling techniques. The effectiveness of hormonal therapy depends on whether the issue is a low or high amount of a certain hormone.
Treatment procedures for infertility in women
Numerous factors might make it challenging for a woman to become pregnant. Top IVF doctors in Delhi can help you overcome all of these infertility problems by performing various treatment procedures and accurately diagnosing you.
- Your reproductive organs will be examined using ultrasound or X-rays during a technique called hysterosalpingography. Your doctor can determine whether the tubes are obstructed using this technique and help to treat your infertility issues efficiently.
- Laparoscopy allows an infertility expert to examine the exterior of your uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes to look for any abnormal growths as well as any obstructions. This will aid in accurate diagnosis.
- An ultrasound of the pelvis searches for ovarian or uterine conditions. Your doctor can evaluate the levels of ovulatory hormones and pituitary hormones, which regulate reproductive processes, by hormone testing.
- An infertility specialist can assess your ovarian reserve test through testing and provide you with the appropriate treatment based on the number of eggs that are ready for ovulation.
- Hormones and medications for infertility can help a woman ovulate or replenish hormone levels. Surgery may occasionally be used to unblock obstructed fallopian tubes or remove tissue that is interfering with conception.
One of the branches of healthcare that has had spectacular growth over the past twenty years is the understanding of the causes of infertility and the development of novel ways for its treatment. Gynaecologists formerly appeared to be more efficient in addressing infertility than urologists and andrologists on the male side, but in recent years this situation has altered due to the advancement of many operational techniques. If you are a resident of NCR and looking forward to treating your infertility a consultation with Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour is recommended as she is based in one of the best IVF centres in India.