To begin with, a surrogacy cost in Delhi NCR ranges from Rs 1,50,0300 to Rs 2,03,1500. The cost depends on the experience of the surrogacy doctor, along with a host of other relevant factors.
- These are the success rate of that doctor and particular surrogacy centre, the location of the centre, and the variety of treatments and facilities.
- These are IVF drugs, investigations, consultations, Oocyte pickup, ultrasounds, embryology, and embryo transfer.
- It also includes IVF laboratory, sperm freezing for one year, and proper egg donor compensation from the IVF specialist.
There’s no denying that gestational surrogacy is one of the most trusted and productive treatments, which people keep choosing over auxiliary surrogacy methods.
The cost principles
You need to remember that surrogacy is incomplete without the latest technique, IVF. While performing gestational surrogacy, the trained doctors and support staff collect sperms and eggs from the male and female partners. They mix these things to get natural fertilization.
- The overall costs can be anything between Rs 1,00,000-Rs 17,00,000. The exact price depends on the condition of the couple donating their frozen and fertilized embryos or eggs.
- Concisely, a surrogacy treatment cost in Delhi involves fees you to the agency, attorney, gestational carrier, and social worker.
- Add these costs with medical costs, legal costs, and money to encompass the medicines and maternity wardrobe of the carrier.
More on the costing
In addition to the things mentioned above, a surrogacy cost in Delhi NCR also includes expenses stemming from disposables and consumer items. It also entails the costs to harvest the embryo or egg.
- To calculate the overall rate or slab, you can take into account these four costs. These are surrogacy cost, PGS/PGD cost, Indian donor cost, and cost of twins.
- You need to remember that the cost of each type of surrogacy procedure varies from one to another.
For example, surrogacy using your sperms and own eggs would be between Rs 10,00,000-Rs 12,00,000.
A run-through of the slabs
If you’re doing surrogacy by own sperms and donor eggs, the surrogacy cost in Delhi NCR will be Rs 10,50,000- Rs, 11,50,000. If you’re doing surrogacy with your own eggs and donor sperms, the cost will be the same as the previous one.
- The average cost of a surrogate mother is Rs 5,00,000-Rs 6,00,000.
- The costs of embryo transfer and IVF is around Rs 4,00,000.
- You need to spend around a lakh for the selection of the surrogate mother, blood test, and preparation of that surrogate mother.
More cost assessment
A normal vaginal delivery would cost you around Rs 30,000. The Charges of Surrogacy in India for a C-section delivery or Cesarean section is anywhere between Rs 1,00,000-Rs 2,00,000.
- You also need to bear the costs of the surrogate mother’s housing and food. It’s usually 2-3 lakhs.
- There are substantial costs of caretaker, cook, and maid for the surrogate mother. They normally add to a lakh or something. That’s the average.
- You need to spend around Rs 30,000-Rs 40,000 to cover the post-pregnancy medical and protein costs of the surrogate mother.
- The surrogate mother would also need drugs after the embryo transfer. That costs around Rs 30,000 on an average.
The last segment
There are workup costs of the donor as well. It’s generally around Rs 50,000. You also need to cover the allowance costs of the caretaker plus the cost of a taxi, and scan/post-pregnancy care. It’s around Rs 50,000.
You need to cover the costs of storing the embryo and freezing it for six months. The average cost is Rs 5,000. The clinics also provide PGS/PGD for embryo testing. They take ten embryos to do so. The rate is Rs 1.5-2.5 lakhs.