Female Infertility is a common condition that grows with the aging process in women. At least, 10% of woman faces this condition of some kind or the other. This is also defined as the inability to get pregnant and conceive successful biological children. Almost one-third of the infertility is caused by women and one-third depends on men. Apart from these, several other conditions can also affect fertility with one–third proportion. In addition, the treatments available to these are of huge amount, where medications are given for hormonal issues, surgical procedures are applied for treating the physical problems, and IVF, commonly known as In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is also considered.
In this blog, you a further avail of the information on the treatment of infertile provided by the top gynecologist in Delhi NCR.
Who is Gynecologist?
A gynecologist is a doctor who mainly specializes in female reproductive health and can provide the best treatment to treat infertility conditions. In addition, the Best Gynecologist in Delhi NCR can diagnose and treat issues related to the female reproductive tract, like the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus.
Also, according to research, it is found that almost 80% of women between the age group of 15-45 years normally visit the gynecologist.
Who mainly gets affected by Female Infertility?
Several factors are there that lead to the infertility of the woman. However, some general health conditions, including genetic traits, age, and lifestyle choices can also affect the normal fertility process. Several specific factors that lead to infertility are further provided for your better understanding:
- Hormonal Issues that prevent egg formation are commonly called ovulation.
- Abnormal Menstrual Cycle.
- Uterine fibroids.
- Low amount of body fat that occurs due to extreme exercise.
- Problems with Ovaries, Fallopian Tubes, and Uterus.
- Autoimmune Diseases.
- POI or Primary Ovary Insufficiency (POI).
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- A past Ectopic Pregnancy.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
- DES syndrome, which is mainly caused by the medications and leads to premature birth, and miscarriage.
What is the Female Infertility Test?
There are several tests that can be performed by the best female fertility doctor in Delhi to undergo the physical exam. The tests are further listed below for your better understanding:
- Overall physical examination of the woman.
- A pelvic exam.
- A Pap tests.
- An ultrasound of the Pelvic area.
- An examination of the breast to witness the unusual milk production.
- Thyroid functional test.
- Chlamydia test, which indicates the need for antibiotic treatment.
Some other tests that can be conducted include the following:
- Laparoscopy- In this test the female fertility Doctor in Delhi will insert a flexible tube that is bound with a camera, in the end, to check the pelvis and abdominal area, allowing through the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. This is however performed to witness the blockages, scarring, and endometriosis of these areas.
- Blood Test- It is a normal test that determines the levels of the hormone and also whether a woman is ovulating or not.
- Hysterosalpingography- Fluid is injected into the woman’s womb to further process the X-rays, which helps to determine the flow rate of the fluid through the uterus to the fallopian tubes.
How to treat Female Infertility?
There are several treatments options available for female infertility and is performed after the gynecologist has pinpointed the cause of this. Some women further demand two-three types of therapies to deal with these conditions:
- In this process, several medications like gonadotropins, clomiphene citrate, or Letrozole can be used to specifically treat the problems with ovulation.
- In Vitro Fertilization
- In the IVF process, the doctors place embryos in the uterus of the woman so that they can further get fertilized.
- GIFT and ZIFT
- Unlike IVF the Gamete Intra Fallopian tube transfers (GIFT), and Zygote Intrafallopian transfer is performed in the lab combining the egg with the sperm to create further fertilization.
- In this process, the doctor uses a hysteroscopy in the uterus that goes through the cervix. This is, however, performed to remove the fibroid, and polyps, and tumors, open up blocked tubes and divide scar tissues.
However, to get the desired amount of treatment with the best gynecologist you can consult with Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour. She is now one of the top surgeons for female fertility issues.