IVF is such a miraculous method, and it is so widely used that it leaves you in awe of how far science has come. Everyone can get pregnant thanks to advances in medical science, technology, and clinician competence.
IVF Treatment is a lengthy process that demands dedication and adherence to your doctor’s instructions. To help you get pregnant with IVF, the best IVF doctor in Delhi, like Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour, may educate you about fertility and methods for increasing both women’s and men’s fertility.
The Process of Frozen Embryo Transfer
After the male and female gametes, also known as the sperm and the ovum, successfully fertilize in a lab setting, the IVF method assures the creation of an embryo. The embryo is placed into the female reproductive tract after the gametes have fertilized to create an embryo, where it is implanted and may eventually result in a healthy pregnancy.
It is typical for more than one embryo to be created throughout IVF therapy methods. While the other embryos are preserved for future use, the embryos intended for fresh transfer may be utilized in the same cycle.
The frozen embryo transfer procedure can be done in the following ways:
- Traditional Frozen Embryo transfer:During the Traditional FET method, embryos’ temperatures are measured between 37 and -196 degrees Celsius.
- Vitrification or Fast Freezing Frozen Embryo Transfer:This FET method inhibits the production of ice crystals in the embryo’s cytoplasm by rapidly lowering the embryo’s temperature from 37 to -196 degrees. The efficiency of frozen embryos has considerably increased because of this method. These embryos may also be used for a long time thanks to fast freezing.
Advantages of Frozen Embryo Transfer
Only two to three embryos are transplanted every IVF cycle, even though numerous embryos are formed throughout the operation. In the best IVF centre in Delhi NCR, the Frozen Embryo Transfer process enables any embryos of excellent quality not being used in the IVF cycle to be collected for later IVF cycles if the previous cycle does not result in a successful pregnancy or future pregnancies.
If a patient has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, the specialist would advise transferring a frozen embryo rather than a fresh one since doing so might result in Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Frozen embryo transfer may also have certain advantages over fresh embryo transfer.
The client receives many injections and drugs in preparation for egg retrieval. A new embryo transfer causes the body’s estrogen levels to rise, which might thin the uterus’ endometrium and lower pregnancy chances. Ovarian size and hormonal balance are appropriate for a frozen embryo cycle, which may aid the embryo’s implantation.
Is a Frozen Embryo Transfer the Best Method for Your IVF Treatment?
Frozen embryo transfer may be advantageous for some individuals, including:
- Patients who have PCOS:A frozen embryo transfer may be chosen in the fertility treatment hospital in India since patients with PCOS have a higher risk of OHSS with a fresh embryo transfer. For some people, freezing every embryo is a far better action.
- Embryos that need to be genetically tested:When embryos need to be screened for genetic defects, freezing them is helpful.
- Those with uterine abnormalities:Patients with uterine problems, including endometriosis and adenomyosis, may benefit more from the FET Procedure.
- Patients with high progesterone levels:FET may be preferable to Fresh Embryo Transfer in patients with increased progesterone levels.
While fresh and frozen embryo transfers are now options thanks to technology, the best fertility centre in Delhi may recommend which one is best for your IVF cycle and provide tips for frozen embryo transfers. SCI IVF Hospital, provides an experienced panel of specialists that can assist you with any IVF-related questions.